ZMR250 Cobra 2208 2000kV upgrade!

Rebuild complete! My ZMR250 was previously powered by Emax MT1806-2280 motors and 3S batteries. I just finished rebuilding it with Cobra 2208 2000kV motors and Multirotormania/buhatkj extended arms.


The arms are made to allow up to 7″ props. To get more nose/tail spacing between the motors, the designer put a small angle in the arms. Since I only plan on using 6″ props, I oriented the arms such that the arms all “bend” backwards. It looks like this will let me put a 4S 1800mAh battery on the quad and still balance very close to the center of lift. You can see the arm bend in the top view photo below — the rear arms look more swept back and the front arms look more straight out. This does make the front arms slightly wider than the back arms, but I don’t expect that to matter.


In this configuration, the motor to motor distance is about 285mm. Overall weight without a battery is 610g, so that should be about 840 with a 4S 1800mAh 65C on it. Motor thrust should be 3 times what it was with my previous setup, but the previous weight was only 570g with a 1300/3S battery. Thrust to weight ratio before was about 2.7:1. It should now be about 5.5:1. With a 1300/4S, it should be right at 6:1.

Alright, picture time. Here’s my ZMR250 with the old motors and arms along with the new upgrade parts.


During the disassembly, I figured out why one of my old arms was a litle out of place. This must have been a pretty good crash.


You can see the difference in the new and old arms in the next two photos.



Cobra 2208 2000kV motors come with very long leads. I wanted my ESCs on the arms, so I did some serious trimming.




With the addition of a 4S battery, I also had to add a voltage regulator for my Sony Super HAD II 600TVL FPV camera. Here’s the completed rebuild.




Sadly, it’s blowing 35mph outside right now. First flight will have to wait. Can’t wait!

Leave a Reply